Gift and Ad Sales Types have been replaced by the ability to create internal orders from the order page.
To record cash donations:
- To enter variable amount cash donations, create a paddle raise type item in your catalog first. Make sure to edit quantity to 100 (or enough to record anticipated donations).
- Create an Internal Order for the transaction, process/record payment, issue receipt.
- If the donation involved a credit card payment processed outside of the software, enable the "External" payment method (Admin > Site Settings > Gala > General Settings) and select it to record payment and mark the order as paid.
- Create a fixed-price item, type = sellable or signup, for each Ad Sale level. Edit quantity to the amount of each you have available to sell.
- Create an internal order for the transaction, process/record/payment, issue receipt.
In Kind Donations
In Kind donations may include food/beverages to be served or decorations/supplies to be used at your gala. They are never available for sale to your guests. Record In Kind donations following instructions here.