You can invite potential guests on your Users page to buy tickets. The emailed invitation:
- provides a link to the online ticket sales menu,
- creates an account automatically (if they don't already have one) and
- autofills their contact information into the buyer's fields.
Sending Invitations to Buy Tickets is recommended if your event includes online/mobile bidding as it eliminates the need for your supporters to remember logins and passwords and reduces the potential for separate online/gala bidding accounts/carts.
In order to send invitations from the software, your supporters must have User Records. Returning users can migrate donors and users from previous event sites. Everyone can import (upload) new users and donors directly from spreadsheets.
To Send Invitations to Buy Tickets:
Go to Admin > Manage Users
Note: when deciding how to promote ticket sales to your event, be aware of how the software will handle ticketbuyers that:
- already have an existing user record and
- navigate to the site using a link from your website or promotional materials rather than the personalized link provided in the invitation.
If a user record with the same email address already exists, this message displays: