Before you do anything else, do these things, in this order. Trust us - this is the best way to get off on the right foot. Invest the 30-45 minutes needed to do these things first, and you will avoid hours of frustration later on.
- Login to https://my.schoolauction.net/manager, then bookmark this page. This is the "Manager" page where you will manage your organization’s account and create new event sites. You won’t need to access this page very often, but it is critical that you know how to get back here.
- Review the list of Account Managers. If you have logged in with another Account Manager’s credentials, use the Invite Account Manager link to create your own account. Make sure that any “retired” Account Managers have been removed from your list.
- Use the link to “Create a New Event” site for your fundraiser. If you will be selling (or giving away - price is not the issue here) tickets for the event, please realize that event sites are set-up to offer admission tickets for one event at a time. If you are planning two separate events, you’ll be happiest setting up two separate sites.
- Returning customers: Read about Migrating Data and Settings from prior events, and then migrate the data and settings you want to re-create on your new site.
- Click the Administer Site button to navigate to your new event site.
- Bookmark the event site - this is where you and your team will go to work on this event. You should not need to go back to Manager until you need to set up a different event or renew your group’s subscription.
- Click on the blue help widget on the right edge of each screen of your event site. This is where you’ll find our entire library of illustrated help articles and videos and contact our support team. Your entire history of help requests will be stored in the Contact Support section. Our responses will appear here AND be sent to your email inbox - so be sure to white-label firstname.lastname@example.org in any spam filters you use.
NOTE: We really prefer that you send your tickets in via the help widget. But if you send in a help ticket via email, please include two pieces of data - the URL of the auction site you are working on, and the name of your organization. (These are automatically included in tickets sent through the help widget). We work with thousands of organizations per year, and although we’d love to recognize all of the chairs by name… we don’t.
- Learn about all of the help tools for getting started and finding answers here. If you prefer to view our Help Materials in a separate tab, bookmark http://schoolauction.help
- Start off like a Pro with these quick tips for navigating your event site and the basic tools used throughout the software.
- Review the Decision Points section of our online documentation.
- Download the Quick Orientation document, and read it.
- Now you’re really ready to get started! Provide access for the rest of your team by creating user records, then inviting them to set up their own password.
Article is closed for comments.