Plus and Premium customers can create sponsorship packages which include items and/or tickets.
When a sponsorship package is purchased (online ticket sales) or sold (internal ticket sales or internal order), the buyer's user record is automatically flagged as a sponsor.
First, create any ticket types and/or items you want to include in the package
You can create dedicated items and tickets for sponsor packages or select items/tickets that will also be offered to non-sponsors.
If you are including tickets, creating a "Sponsor" ticket type (admit 1) has several advantages:
- Simplified reporting. By building packages with varying numbers of the same ticket type, you can easily view and report all sponsor guests as a single line item.
- Maximum flexibility. Single tickets can be linked as needed for couples once guests are known. Unused single sponsor tickets are easy to exchange for a non-sponsor ticket for re-assignment whereas it isn't possible to spin-off unused tickets from a table ticket for reassignment.
If you are including items:
- Any existing items with type = Sellable or Signup can be added to a package.
- Selecting the "Purchase via: Sponsorship Package Only" option prevents the item from displaying in the catalog or being sold elsewhere (shown below)
To Create a Sponsorship Package
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Sponsorships > Sponsorship Packages
To create a sponsor option:
- Name the sponsor level
- choose display locations,
- specify cost and availability, and
- add any items and/or tickets to the package.