Version 3.3 represents a paradigm shift in how Sponsors and Sponsorships are created so there are a few steps you'll need to take to convert your existing sponsorships to the new platform.
If your site already contains Sponsor Levels, all of the details provided for Levels and Sponsors have been retained in v3.3:
- Each Sponsor Level was retained in a new location: Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Sponsor Levels/Packages.
- A $0 order was created for each Sponsor listed in each level. In v3.3, sponsors are defined as Users who purchased a sponsorship package so the $0 order provides continuity in your sponsor displays during the transition.
- All Sponsor details provided were moved from the Manage Sponsor Levels page to the individual sponsor's user record.
Existing Sponsorship Tickets and/or Items have also been retained. Here are the instructions for converting them to the updated platform.
If including tickets, Create a New Sponsor Ticket Type
Creating a new, Sponsor ticket type (Admit 1) for inclusion in your sponsorship packages has several advantages:
- Simplified reporting. By building packages with varying numbers of the same ticket type, you can easily view and report all sponsor guests as a single line item.
- Maximum flexibility. Single tickets can be linked as needed for couples once guests are known. Unused single sponsor tickets are easy to exchange for a non-sponsor ticket for re-assignment whereas it isn't possible to spin-off unused tickets from a table ticket for reassignment.
- It eliminates the need to factor in inventory during the conversion
- It simplifies the conversions of any existing orders by allowing the old sponsorship ticket to be exchanged for the new sponsorship package.
Build the Desired Sponsorship Packages
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Sponsor Levels and Packages to edit each of your existing packages.
Your existing sponsor level data was retained but you'll need to specify the desired price and total quantity available as well as specifying any of the new elements you want to include in the package.
Manage Existing Orders
When your new sponsorship packages have been created, contact support and we'll help you convert your existing orders without leaving a papertrail of the edits made on the Sponsor's order and receipt.
Delete Existing Sponsor Ticket Types
Once your sponsors' orders have been edited to replace the original items/tickets sold with new sponsorship packages,
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Ticket Sales > Ticket Types and delete the ticket types to remove them from the public and internal registration forms.