Version 3.3 represents a paradigm shift in how Sponsors and Sponsorships are created and recorded so if your site already has sponsor levels set up (with sponsors specified), you will need to convert your existing sponsorships to the new platform IF you want to utilize the new tools.
Rest assured that all of your sponsor setup and details have been retained in v3.3:
- Each Sponsor Level was retained in a new location: Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Sponsor Levels/Packages.
- A $0 order was created for each Sponsor listed in each level. In v3.3, sponsors are defined as Users who purchased a sponsorship package so the $0 order provides continuity in your sponsor displays during the transition.
- All Sponsor details provided were moved from the Manage Sponsor Levels page to the individual sponsor's user record.
- Existing Sponsorship Tickets and/or Items have also been retained.
You can continue offering and recording sponsorships as you currently are - just be aware that the sponsor level site settings now reside in a new location. You can also add the new catalog display options by editing the desired sponsor levels at the new location: Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Sponsor Levels/Packages.
If you want to utilize the new tools to build sponsorship packages to include items and/or tickets, you'll need to replace the existing items and/or tickets you've set up with a new package. And if you've already recorded sponsorships (created orders), we can help you update your sponsor orders to produce clean receipts and accurate reporting. Follow the steps below to replace your existing items/tickets with new packages, then contact support and we'll help you manage any existing orders:
If Sponsorships were sold as tickets: Create a New Sponsor Ticket Type
Instead of using a separate ticket type for each sponsorship, we recommend creating a new, Sponsor ticket type (Admit 1) for inclusion in your sponsorship packages. This has several advantages:
- Simplified reporting. By building packages with varying numbers of the same ticket type, you can easily view and report all sponsor guests as a single line item.
- Maximum flexibility. Single tickets can be linked as needed for couples once guests are known. Unused single sponsor tickets are easy to exchange for a non-sponsor ticket for re-assignment whereas it isn't possible to spin-off unused tickets from a table ticket for reassignment.
- It eliminates the need to factor in inventory during the conversion.
- It simplifies the conversions of any existing orders by allowing the old sponsorship ticket to be exchanged for the new sponsorship package.
Create/Edit Items in Catalog that you want to offer in sponsorship packages.
In order to build a sponsor package, items must already exist in the catalog. Add them as needed. If they already exist, you may want to edit them to the new venue (sell via sponsorship packages only).
Build the Desired Sponsorship Packages
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Sponsor Levels and Packages to edit each of your existing packages.
Your existing sponsor level data was retained but you'll need to specify the desired price and total quantity available as well as specifying any of the elements you want to include in the package.
Manage Existing Orders
When your new sponsorship packages have been created, contact support and we'll help you convert your existing orders without leaving a papertrail of the edits made on the Sponsor's order and receipt.
Delete Existing Sponsor Ticket Types
Once your sponsors' orders have been edited to replace the original items/tickets sold with new sponsorship packages,
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Ticket Sales > Ticket Types and delete the ticket types to remove them from the public and internal registration forms.