Ready to launch your mobile bidding event? Use this checklist to double check the details:
1. Have you tested and ascertained that your venue's network capacity and reliability is adequate for your event?
2. Do your sign-up and sellable items have the correct quantity (eg. > 1)?
5. Will you be emailing invitations to bid to your supporters? Have you migrated and/or uploaded user records for your supporters and edited the invitation(s)? If mobile bidding will take place at your gala event, do you want to direct guests to begin bidding after Self check-in, or auto-send invites to bid at check-in?
6. If you are allowing visitors to your site to signup to bid, are your public pages (Sign-up and Welcome Page) edited and ready for public viewing? Edit at Site Settings > Registration > Signup > Signup Settings > Signup Page Email Info Text and Site Settings > Events > Online Auction/Mobile Bidding > Invitations > Edit Welcome Message.
9. Have you tested any link(s) you are using to promote your mobile bidding event?
- Do you want email or text notifications sent when someone has been outbid?
- Do you want winners of items to be notified automatically (separate email for each item won)? Best practice: turn off notifications to winners and send everyone an invitation to self check-out at the close of your event.
12. Does your team know how to place proxy bids for guests at your event?
13. Do you know how to cancel individual bids?
14. Do you want to auto-extend the closing times on items with active bidding in the final minute(s)?
15. Do you know how to manually extend bidding if necessary?
16. Is your site set to automatically award items at closing, or will you manually trigger it when ready? If you think there is ANY chance you may want to extend the closing time(s) during your event - DISABLE automatic closeout at Site Settings > Events > Online Auction/Mobile Bidding > Bidding Settings, then enable it again when you're ready for items to be awarded.
17. Is your entire team aware of how/when bidders will be asked to pay?