You can create custom fields to collect additional information from people: guests, buyers or donors. Custom fields are not available for items.
Fields are organized within groups. This allows you to collect multiple data points (fields) pertaining to a single topic (group):
eg: Student 1 (field group)
- Name (field)
- Grade/Teacher (field)
- Birthdate (field)
There are also preprogrammed fields for three commonly used custom fields: meal choice, covid requirements and seating preferences.
First, Create a Field Group:
Go to Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Look & Feel > Custom Fields
After creating a Field Group, you can add as many custom fields within the group as needed. For each field, you'll specify:
- A field name
- The type of field (text box, dropdown menu, checkbox, plain text, or file upload)
- Whether the field is optional or required
- Whether to hide the field name on forms
- Whether to display the field data collected on your receipt (for buyer and guest fields only)
You can always view the custom data collected en masse by using the Customize button on the relevant datapage to add the Custom field(s) as columns on your screen.
To view the data collected:
1. You can always view the custom data collected en masse by using the Customize button on the relevant datapage to add the Custom field(s) as columns on your scree (shown below is Meal Choice: Tickets > Click on Customize button > Select custom fields to display > Save.
2. You can view all custom field data for a particular user at Admin > Manager Users > Edit User