What you Need to Know
Each Sales transaction will appear in an Order which can be viewed and/or managed from the Orders Tab. Paid orders have a status of Complete. Unpaid orders have a status of Open (gala) or Waiting for Payment (online).
Most transactions will automatically generate a new order, so it is possible (and common) for someone to have multiple orders. For instance, a supporter that made a Donation using the online Donate Now form, purchased (and paid for) their ticket online, then purchased items at the Gala may have three orders.
The primary exception is Sales recorded during a Gala event: when a sale is entered from the Auction Night screen, the software will first search for an open order (unpaid ticket sale or existing shopping cart). If an open order exists, the item will be added to it. If not, a new order will be generated.
You can edit (manage) all aspects of orders from the Orders page:
- Add, return, or replace/switch items or tickets
- Edit the price of items or tickets
- Apply payments
- Process refunds
- Print or email a receipt
- Vault/unvault a credit card
- Update the buyer's contact information
- Generate new orders
After your event, you will want to review your Orders page for any Open orders so you can collect payment for the amount due (either by processing the vaulted credit card or contacting the buyer for payment).
Receipts can be generated individually, or in bulk, from the Orders page. In addition, consolidated (all orders for a single User) or combined receipts (all orders for multiple Users) can be generated from the User Page.
The most commonly used reports are live (as current as your data entry) and can be viewed anytime at Admin > View Reports. These summary reports are organized under several tabs:
- Pre-Auction reports show procurement progress and pre-event ticket sales.
- Post-Auction reports focus on sales, payments and uncollected revenue.
- Online/Mobile reports provide data on bid activity.
Clicking on any line item within a Summary Report will produce a supporting document with the details of each transaction included in the line item total.
Every sale item or payment in every report has an icon in the left column that opens up the Order where that the Sale or Payment occurred with all the edits list above for Orders available.
Custom reports can be easily generated from any datapage or existing detailed detailed report by using the Customize button to select the data to be included in your screenview and/or report.
How to Get it Done
- Viewing Open (unpaid) Orders
- Editing And Closing An Order From The Order Page
- Using Self Check-Out Feature to Collect Payment on Orders W/O Vaulted Cards.
- Processing Refunds from the Order Page
- Printing or Emailing Sales Receipts and Invoices