Myriad settings and variables allow you to control the display of items in your catalog. This troubleshooting guide will help identify and correct your settings, so your items display as desired.
Issue: Items are not visible
- Is your Online/Mobile Bidding feature enabled at Site Settings > Events > Online Auction/Mobile Bidding > Bidding Settings?
- Are some or all of the items hidden from view? Use Catalog > Advanced Search Filter > All Item Status > Items Hidden to Public > Search. Items that are hidden can be bulk edited to make them visible to the public.
- Is the public access to your button bar locked to a view which doesn't include items offered in another venue/via different bidding style?
- Is it a Gala (bid via paper or paddle) item with 0 qty? Online/Mobile Items will display a white banner (Closed - unsold, or Closed - Item won), but Gala items only display in public view if quantity > 0.
Issue: Items are visible
- Are items available for bidding via online/mobile and paper/paddle? Items that are available in both venues will appear in the catalog as Gala items even if Online/Mobile Bidding is not open for public viewing.
- Is the default view on the button bar set for the desired venue?
- Online/Mobile items that have already been sold continue to display to allow non-winners to see that an item was won by another bidder and what the high bid was. You can bulk edit desired items to hide them from the public catalog if you wish.
- Note: Specifying an opening and closing time for bidding does not affect the visibility of the items. Items that are not open for bidding will be visible (with either a "Bid Soon" or "Closed" banner) unless you specify otherwise using the visibility settings.