The item(s) used to collect variable amount donations during your Gala, Online or Mobile event are now set up as Cash Donation options.
Offering Paddle Raises via Online/Mobile Bidding requires a Plus or Premium subscription.
This articles provides general tips on using the software for your event's Paddle Raise or special appeal.
- When you set up a Cash Donation option, you can specify the pledge levels you'll be asking for as "suggested donation amounts". Instructions for entering Paddle Raise pledges on event night can be found here.
- If you will be conducting multiple paddle raises for different purposes, set up a separate cash donation option for each purpose (eg staffing vs scholarships) so you can track the funds dedicated to different uses.
- You can choose whether the paddle raise item displays in the public catalog or not. For Gala only paddle raises, it is most common to keep the item hidden and for your auctioneer or someone within your organization to introduce the paddle raise and make the pitch for contributions during the live auction portion of your event.
- When bidding via Online/Mobile Bidding is selected, a Target Value field is added to the cash donation option form. When a Target Value is provided, it will display in the public catalog to show progress toward your goal. If the Target Value remains at $0, the Progress section will not display.
- You can specify how (or whether) online contributors names display in the public catalog at Admin > Site Settings > Catalog Settings > Additional Online/Mobile Settings