Variable amount donation items display in the admin view of the catalog, but are created and edited at Site Settings > Items > Cash Donation Options. A Paddle Raise redirect is provided in the Add/Edit Item > Type menu for your convenience.
Offering Paddle Raises via Online/Mobile Bidding is available with some legacy plans, Digital, Virtual and Fusion subscriptions.
- When you set up a Cash Donation option, you can specify the pledge levels you'll be asking for as "suggested donation amounts". Instructions for recording Paddle Raise pledges on event night can be found here.
- If you will be conducting multiple paddle raises for different purposes, set up a separate cash donation option for each purpose (eg staffing vs scholarships) so you can track the funds dedicated to different uses.
- You can choose whether the paddle raise item displays in the public catalog or not. For Gala only paddle raises, it is most common to keep the item hidden and for your auctioneer or someone within your organization to introduce the paddle raise and make the pitch for contributions during the live auction portion of your event.
- When donating via Online/Mobile Bidding is selected, a Target Value field is added to the cash donation option form. When a Target Value is provided, it will display in the public catalog to show progress toward your goal. If the Target Value remains at $0, the Progress section will not display.
- You can specify how (or whether) online contributors names display in the public catalog at Site Settings > Items > Catalog Settings > Additional Online/Mobile Settings
To Set up a Paddle Raise Cash Donation Option:
Go to: Site Settings > Items > Cash Donation Options > Add New
Alternatively, if you select Type = Paddle Raise Redirect from Catalog from the Add/Edit Item form, you will be redirected to this page.