For creating and generating gift certificates for individual items.
To produce gift certificates for individual items, you must flag the item as needing a gift certificate and provide instructions for redeeming the certificate. Then gift certificates can be generated and printed individually or in bulk.
Since lots are often comprised of items from different donors (and thus, different redemption instructions), a gift certificate can be created for each item within the lot and will be generated as a group. Alternatively, you can create a gift certificate for the Master Lot item to generate a single gift certificate.
To Create a Gift Certificate for an item:
Go to Catalog > Add or Edit Item > Click on Gift Certificate Tab:
- Check "I need to generate a gift certificate for this item" box to display text form.
- Provide Instructions and contact info needed to redeem the gift certificate.
- Click here if you would like to provide (or copy and edit) the original description text on the gift certificate.
To Format Gift Certificates:
The layout of gift certificates is fixed, but you can specify the desired border (or no border) at Admin > Site Settings > Printing > Print Settings
To Generate Printed Gift Certificates:
Go to Admin > Print Materials:
- Generates one gift certificate for each item flagged for a gift certificate.
- Generates multiple gift certificates for items with multiple quantity.
- Generates gift certificate for a single item. The gift certificate option will only display for items flagged as needing a gift certificate.