Ready to launch your online auction? Use this checklist to double check the details:
1. Have you tested and ascertained that your venue's network capacity and reliability is adequate for your event?
2. Do your sign-up and sellable items have the correct quantity (eg. > 1)?
3. Are all bidding opening and closing times correct? If you are transferring items to paper bidding at your Gala event, make sure you are closing the online bidding early enough to allow the printing of your bid sheets to display the final high online bids/sales.
6. If you are allowing visitors to your site to signup to bid, are your public pages (Sign-up and Welcome Page) edited and ready for public viewing? Edit at Admin > Site Settings > Communications > Text Blocks
9. Have you tested any link(s) you are using to promote your online auction?
- Do you want email or text notifications sent when someone has been outbid?
- Do you want winners of items (not being transferred to Gala) to be notified automatically (separate email for each item won)?
- Do you want to activate daily payment reminders now, or wait until after the online auction closes? Be aware that if activated, buyers of sellable and/or sign-up items will receive daily payment reminders until they pay. If you want to allow people to pay for all of their purchases together, activate the reminders after bidding closes.
12. Mobile Bidding: Does your team know how to place proxy bids for guests at your event?
13. Do you know how to cancel individual bids?
14. Do you want to extend the closing times on items with active bidding in the final minute(s)?
16. Is your site set to automatically award items at closing, or will you manually trigger it when ready? If you think there is ANY chance you may want to extend the closing time(s) during your event - DISABLE automatic closeout at Admin > Site Settings > Online/Mobile > Bidding Settings, then enable it again when you're ready for items to be awarded.
17. Is your entire team aware of how/when bidders will be asked to pay?