There are 3 elements to closing-out your online/mobile auction:
- Close Bidding
- Award Items to high Bidders
- Notify Winners.
1. Close Bidding:
Bidding will be halted precisely at the closing time specified for each item.
- Closing times can be viewed by using the Customize button on the Catalog datapage to add the column to your display.
- Closing times can be bulk edited from the catalog page, as needed.
2. Award Items to High Bidders:
- If you have already enabled automatic closeout, items will be awarded (placed in winners' shopping carts) the next time the server refreshes (1-15 minutes).
- If you haven't, you'll need to enable it when ready, then save the setting change to award items to winners.
To enable, go to: Admin > Site Settings > Online/Mobile > Bidding Settings:
3. Notify Winners:
How you to choose to notify winners depends on the type of event and personal preference:
- Gala events with mobile bidding most often disable the automatic notifications and instead opt to notify winners via a single invitation to self check-out. Invitations to self check-out can also be sent to winners that are not present at the gala.
- Online Auctions, where bidders are geographically dispersed, generally opt to "Send an email notification when an item is awarded". This automated process will send a separate email notification for each item.
To enable email notifications, go to Admin > Site Settings > Online/Mobile > Email and Text Notifications: