You need to configure your credit card settings to route transactions from the software to your Internet Processing Gateway for processing.
To configure your credit card processing settings (requires Chair role):
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Payment / Credit Card > Credit Card General
1. This descriptor will appear on the receipts generated by the software as the source of the transactions. Ideally, it should match what will appear on your guests' credit card statements (this is dictated by your merchant account).
2. This box must be checked to allow vaulting or storing cards in your gateway for later access. If unchecked, the check-in screen will not display the form for vaulting credit cards.
4. Once your event is over and all orders have been managed (payment collected), you'll want to Purge the vaulted credit card info:
- Before purging, uncheck (2) so Vault is no longer turned on,
- Delete vaulted card information. Note: THIS CANNOT BE REVERSED.
To connect your site with your gateway:
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Payment / Credit Card > Setup Gateway
1. Select your gateway from the dropdown.
2. Select the cards your merchant/gateway accounts are set up to accept. VISA, MC (Mastercard), DISC (Discoverer), AMEX (American Express)
3. Gateway API Login : [Sometimes the same identifier used to login to the Gateway Account, usually not.)
4. Gateway API Password: [Varies by gateway from as simple as 4 integers to 256 computer generated random letters and symbols.]