You can begin bidding on items in an online auction to generate interest and/or expand participation then move to paper bidding to the Gala event. The high online bid becomes the opening offer for the gala bidding.
- Bidding Styles are specified on an item by item basis, so you can flag some, or all, items to start in online bidding then transfer to paper bidding during the gala.
- Items flagged for both Paper Bid Sheets and Online/Mobile Pre-Bidding will not be awarded to high bidders at closing, regardless of your other settings.
- Items flagged for Online/Mobile Bidding only will be awarded to winners (or not) as specified by your settings.
- Bidding Styles can be edited individually or in bulk.
- Be sure to set the online closing time to allow sufficient time to print bid sheets with the high online bid as the starting bid.
- Generate the bid sheets AFTER online pre-bidding has closed to ensure that the highest bids are captured as starting bids.
- You can specify how you want the online high bidder's name to display on the bid sheets (see below).
The highest VISIBLE online bid will be transferred as starting bids on paper bid sheets. Unrealized MAX and Secret bids will not transfer.