Note: be sure to assess your venue's Wi-Fi (or wired) capacity and reliability prior to your event!
Hardware for Check-in/out Stations:
The number of "stations" you'll need depends on your event and whether you will be using the Advance Check-in and Self Check-out features:
- If you choose NOT to use the self service features, we recommend one station for every 50 guests (i.e. if you are expecting 200 guests you should have four stations.)
- You will need at least 1-2 stations (even if using the self check-in/out features) to handle unknown guests using unassigned tickets and/or guests who want to pay by cash/check or have questions about their purchases.
We strongly recommend renting hardware from someone who routinely supports events. If you chose to use your own hardware these guidelines/warnings can help:
- Setup and test your equipment prior to event day! Log in to the site and run a test credit card transaction on each laptop PRIOR to the day of your event. Some older browsers cannot support the credit-card industry’s PCI security requirements and will NOT be able to process credit card transactions.
- Have a dedicated volunteer or staff member who is only responsible for hardware setup, oversight and tear-down, preferably an IT professional.
- Use quality laptops, with newer operating systems.
- Make sure they have drivers compatible with the printers and enough USB ports (or USB hubs) to handle a mouse, printer, and card reader.
- Make sure that you have the passwords for the laptops. You may need to use a different browser than the laptop's owner. (Chrome and Safari may autofill the owner's personal info, including credit card, into every form automatically).
- Verify that your venue has network connectivity and a signal that remains strong when 4 or more devices are active.
- Network connectivity sometimes is not available during off hours. Make sure it will be there when you need it. You will often have to arrange with your venue to get a password or access code to use their connectivity.
If you do not understand the terms on this page, providing your own hardware might not be for you.
A station consists of:
- Laptop with sufficient USB ports. Card readers/swipers require a USB port. Additional ports may be needed for a mouse and/or printer connection. Tablets can be used for some functions (Selling items such as raffle tickets, viewing Will Call report etc) but are not suitable for check-in/out.
- Mouse (wireless or USB, optional if your volunteers are comfortable using trackpads)
- Card Reader (purchase and rental info below). Note: card readers (swipers) merely upload the credit card account info from the magnetic strip, avoiding the manual data entry. They do NOT process the actual transaction.
- High Speed Laser Printer (wireless or w/USB cable to connect to laptops, optional if you email receipts and do not need emergency bid sheets printed).
- Multiple extension cords (to make sure power strips can reach the outlets)
- Multiple power strips (enough to handle all laptops, printers and switch)
- Networking equipment. All computers must have Internet access.
* Wired: router and/or switch, don't forget cables.
* Wireless: wireless access point and wireless adapters.
- Printer paper (for receipts)
- Pens (for signing receipts)
- Folders (for filing away original bid sheets)
- Printer Drivers, install and test prior to your event!
- Web browser: we recommend Chrome or Safari.
* Set the browser homepage to your event URL
* Place an Icon for the browser on the desktop
Card Readers - Click here to Rent or Purchase from Us
- We can provide new programmed swipers including shipping for $70 each. A discounted 4-pack is available for $260.
- We also offer 4-pack swiper rentals for the night of your event on a first-come-first-served basis ($80-$99)
**Please note that the Vanco and Element/Vantiv gateways requires the use of secure swipers, which you must obtain directly from your gateway provider**