Tips for tracking down why an Online Auction winner did not receive notification.
Online Auction Item closing times will stop bidding precisely at the time specified. Notifications to winners are sent when the servers refresh, which may take as long as 15 minutes.
To determine if notification was sent to the winner:
Go to Orders
1. Filter by Created: Online Auction
2. Filter by Waiting for Payment
3. If Order appears, click on the Edit icon to view order to verify that order contains the item in question. If so, notification was sent to the winner.
1. Verify the email address (click on Name to view) the notification was sent to.
2. Ask winner to check their spam filter.
If notification was not sent:
If an Online Item does not show up in Orders with status "Waiting For Payment":
1. Doublecheck the item's closing date, time, and year. If it closed recently, check that your site is set to the correct time zone.
2. Was the winner notified? Check that the Enable Automatic Closeout box is checked.
3. On the Item detail screen, verify that the item is still available for sale at Online Auction (box is checked).
4. Verify that there is adequate quantity for Sellable and Sign up Items and/or that Silent Item quantity = 1.
5. Verify that the item received qualifying bids.
6. Check to see if the item appears as status Complete on the Orders page (it can be surprising how quickly winning bidders respond to the notification).
7. Item will not close if both for Sale at the Regular Auction AND the "Transfer Online Items to the Gala" box is checked
8. Verify Item is not a Closed bidding item that requires manual winner being awarded.