Returning subscribers can use the migrator tool to pick and choose which elements of an event site you want replicated on your new site. If you migrate all options, you can effectively create a clone of your of past event - but without any transactions/orders/history. The previous event site remains intact.
Note: Past transactions are not migrated, so it is NOT possible to migrate user accounts (other than Chair/Admin/Volunteer/Staff).
Things to Know:
- You must be an Account Manager to sign into https://my.schoolauction.net or https://my.tofinoauctions.com or https://my.tiptopauction.com to migrate data and settings.
- You first need to create a new site to migrate data to.
- Migrations are the most efficient way to replicate data and settings on a new event site. Multiple Migrations are allowed but may create duplicate user records and will overwrite existing settings.
- CHECK your new site right away to make sure the data and settings migrated as intended. Deleting incorrect migrations is much easier if completed before new data is entered.
- The Select "All" option does not include items donated to the previous event. Because items are migrated directly into the new site's catalog, most chairs only find item migrations worthwhile if the event has tradition of nearly identical items (such as carnivals, sign up parties etc.) If you want to migrate items, you must override the default by checking the Items box.
- If your event does not charge admission, but your supporters need bidder numbers, contact support if you would like to migrate all guests from a previous event to the new event site with $0 tickets.
- You have the ability to perform mass deletions of Users, Donors, and Items - so if you want to retain some, but not all records, you'll need to migrate all, then delete the records that won't be useful.
- You can merge two user records if necessary.
Article is closed for comments.