You can self-import (Upload) a spreadsheet of your supporters and/or donors directly into the software (requires chair or admin role). This will create User records that can be used to send invitations to donate, buy tickets, bid online etc. The User and Donor records can also be selected by your team if they are entering donated items or issuing tickets manually into the software.
Catalog items cannot be self-imported. New customers can prepare spreadsheets as instructed and email them to email@example.com for import.
Note: If you are a returning user, you can migrate data from your previous site(s).
Use the Import button on Users or Donors pages (either type can be uploaded from the Users page):
Map Columns to Field and Review:
Confirm and Undo, if necessary:
Things to know:
1. Clean data = good records:
- Each row in your spreadsheet will create a User/Donor record.
- Make sure all data within each column is consistent (ie all phone numbers, or first name only) and that all rows contain a Name (required).
- The software does not validate or format the data being uploaded (eg. emails, phone numbers etc) - it is uploaded exactly as provided, so review carefully.
2. Business and Individuals Names must be in separate columns. Find more information on name formats here.
3. Once you have selected and uploaded a spreadsheet, you will be able to review it before completing the upload, but you will not be able to edit any data from the review screen.
4. If a record is missing required information, Will Skip (reason) will display in the left column. If a column is not mapped to a field, it will also be skipped, and displayed in red.
5. You can upload multiple spreadsheets, and/or migrate past records plus upload new records. Upload your best (usually most recent) data first. On subsequent uploads, review records flagged because of duplicate emails and/or names. Duplicates are skipped by default, but you can opt to upload them by checking the appropriate box(es). Individual records can be merged from the Users page, if necessary.