What you need to know:
Important: as items are received and entered, the Item Tracking Number should be used to track physical items prior to your event. As items are entered, they are issued two numbers: an internal Tracking Number and a public Item Number. Tracking numbers never change. Item numbers change when items are added to lots or rearranged on tables and can be manually edited (if desired).
A catalog "item" must be created for each purchase you wish to place in a buyer's "cart" (to be paid for), including intangibles such as Paddle Raise pledges.
A single catalog item may be sold to many buyers by specifying the quantity available to sell.
Each item is assigned a Type which dictates:
- How it is priced to sell (fixed price vs competitive bid)
- How the bidder/buyer may bid on or buy the item
- The initial item number assigned
- Which print materials, if any, can be generated for the item
You choose the bidding/purchase option(s) for each item:
- Paper Bid Sheets
- Online/Mobile Bidding
- Bidder Paddles
- Virtual Bidding
Fixed-price items can also be offered as Add-on purchases:
- During ticket sales and online registration
- During On-site Check-in
- In Fundraising Campaigns (online donation, pre-order, or sales pages)
- Included in Sponsorship Packages
Items can be "Cloned" then edited as needed.
Once created, individual items can be combined into Lots (baskets or packages).
Item Numbers are typically assigned (by type) when a new item is saved for the first time. Once the bulk of your items have been entered and any Lots created, items can be reorganized (and renumbered) into the desired order and/or table/closing time using the Tables Feature.
Decisions You Need to Make:
How to Get it Done:
- Understanding Item Types and When to Use Each
- Understanding Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Tips and FAQs for Entering Items
- Tips: Items for Live Bidding
- Tips: Online Auction Items
- Tips: Raffle Items
- Tips: Paddle Raise / Special Appeal / Fund a Need Item
- Adding an Online Paddle Raise/Special Appeal
- Entering Items for Wine Wall or Balloon Pop
- Recording In Kind Donations
- Flagging Items to Sell during Ticket Sales, Check-in, or on Donate Page