What you need to know:
Important: as items are received and entered, the Item Tracking Number should be used to track physical items prior to your event. As items are entered, they are issued two numbers: an internal Tracking Number and a public Item Number. Tracking numbers never change. Item numbers change when items are added to lots and can be manually edited (as desired).
A catalog "item" must be created for each purchase you wish to place in a buyer's virtual shopping cart, including intangibles such as Paddle Raise pledges.
A single catalog item may be sold to many buyers by specifying the quantity available to "sell".
Each item is assigned a "Type" which dictates:
- how it is priced to sell (fixed vs competitive bid)
- how the bidder/buyer will bid or buy the item offered for sale
- the initial item number assigned
- which print materials are generated for the item
You choose the bidding method/place for each item for sale:
- Paper Bid Sheets
- Online/Mobile Bidding
- Online Pre-Event, Paper Bid Sheets at Event
- Live items are bid by Bidder Paddles
- All Items can be offered using Point of Sale function
Fixed price items can also be offered as Add-on purchases:
- During ticket sales and online registration
- During Check-in
- From the Cash Donation and Online Store form
Items can be "Cloned" then edited as needed.
Once created, individual items can be combined into baskets, packages, or "Lots".
Item Numbers are assigned (by type) when a new item is saved for the first time. Once the bulk of your items have been entered and any Lots created, items can be reorganized (and renumbered) into the desired order and/or table/closing time using the Tables Feature.
Decisions You Need to Make:
- How much information do you want to enter for each item?
- Should you create a stylesheet for data entry?
How to Get it Done:
- Understanding Item Types and When to Use Each
- Understanding Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Tips and FAQs for Entering Items
- Tips: Items for Live Bidding
- Tips: Online Auction Items
- Tips: Raffle Items
- Tips: Paddle Raise / Special Appeal / Fund a Need Item (Gala only)
- Entering Items for Wine Wall or Balloon Pop
- Recording In Kind Donations
- Flagging items to sell during ticket sales, check-in, or on Donate page.