What You Need to Know:
The Self Check-out option sends an email invitation to your guests with a link they can use to EASILY access their account, review their cart and submit a credit card payment.
No one is obligated to use it and receiving the email does not affect their ability to check-out during a gala as usual.
Only guests with open (unpaid orders) will receive an invitation, and you have the ability to select which guests to send (or resend) the email invitations to.
Self Check-out does not replace your regular check-out process at a gala event. You will still need to offer regular check-out station(s) for:
- guests who want to pay by cash or check, or don't want to enter their credit card info on their phone.
- guests who have questions or issues with the items in their cart.
- guests who didn't bring a smartphone, don't have access to the email address the invitation was sent to on their phone and/or just prefer to check-out in person.
If you use Self Check-out, you will need to make an announcement during your event to let guests about the option and how to pick up their items if they use it. For instance:
"Thank you so much for coming tonight - and for your continued support for (our cause). In just a few moments, we will be sending emails invitations that will give you the option of checking out on your smartphones! When you receive the email, click on the link provided to review your purchases and to pay by credit card. Of course, our regular check-out stations are also available and will be opening in xx minutes.
Those of you who check-out on your smartphones can proceed directly to the Will Call line if you have items or gift certificates to pick up."
You may need to adjust your Will Call system. You can either set up a laptop/printer at the will call station to print a duplicate receipt to pick items from, or your pickers can pick the items while viewing the guest's purchases in the Will Call Report on a tablet.
Self Check-out emails can also be sent from the Order page after your event to anyone with an open order but not a vaulted credit card to allow them to pay online. Be sure to update the invitation text to provide instructions for how to pick up their items.
This video provides a quick overview of how the self check-in and self check-out features work.
How to Get it Done:
- Setting up Self Check-Out
- Editing Self Check-Out Invitation
- Inviting Guests to Self Check-Out
- Testing the Self Check-Out process
- Reporting Use of Self Check-Out Feature