Not all Item Types can be offered via Online/Mobile Bidding
- Raffle: Most states either require a permit or prohibit online raffles outright. If online raffles are allowed in your area, use type = Sellable with FMV = Price for your online raffle tickets.
- Live: live and online are obviously mutually exclusive, but you can offer online pre-bidding by cloning the live item, then editing the cloned item to type = Silent and marking bidding via pre-event online, paper at event (this prevents the item from being awarded at closing). Once online pre-bidding has concluded, edit the cloned item to quantity = 0 and provide auctioneer with high online bid for starting bid.
- Paddle Raise: requires plus/premium subscription to offer via online/mobile bidding.
There are separate controls for specifying when Online/Mobile Auction Items can be viewed and when bids can be placed:
- Viewing is set at Admin > Site Settings > Online/Mobile > Signups and Invitations > Make Online/Mobile Feature Visible to Public.
- Default Open and Closing times for bidding on all NEW items can also be set at Admin > Online/Mobile > Bidding Settings
- The default bidding times can be overridden by editing items individually, or using the bulk edit feature.
To begin bidding online, then transfer bidding to a gala event:
- Choose bidding style: Online Pre-Event, Paper Bid sheets at Event (can be bulk edited across multiple items.)