If you do not provide complimentary tickets, it is easiest to create a catalog item for each sponsor level, then record the sponsorship by "selling" the item to the sponsor using the Internal Order Generation feature.
This allows you to:
- designate the portion of the sponsorship that is considered a charitable contribution (only applicable if you provide complimentary ad space or other perqs to sponsors)
- record (or process) the payment
- generate a sales receipt for the payment.
1. Add an Item for each Sponsor Level:
Go to Catalog > Add Item
2. Create a Donor record, as needed.
If Sponsor already has a User record, you can edit it to check the "Is Donor?" box at Admin > Manage Users > Edit Donor.
Go to Donors > Add/Edit a Donor
3. Generate an Internal Order to record the sponsorship:
4. Enter transaction details: