If you do not provide complimentary tickets, it is easiest to create either a cash donation option or a catalog item (shown below) for each sponsor level.
Either donation options or catalog items can be:
- recorded by "selling" the item to the sponsor using the Internal Order Generation tool,
- offered on the online donation (Give) page
- offered along with online tickets
The primary advantage of offering as a catalog item: if offering along with ticket sales,"sponsorship" items can be displayed on the same screen as tickets, cash donation options display on the payment screen of the registration form.
1. Add an Item for each Sponsor Level:
Go to Catalog > Add Item
2. Create a Donor record, as needed.
Go to Donors > Add/Edit a Donor
If Sponsor already has a User record, you can edit it to check the "Is Donor?" box at Admin > Manage Users > Edit Donor.
3. Generate an Internal Order to record the sponsorship:
Go to Orders > Generate Order > Search for and Select Donor Record > Generate Order.