For configuring the check-in process so:
- bid numbers are assigned in the manner and range desired,
- guests can be linked to share a bidder number at check-in and
- desired tickets and items are available for purchase on the check-in screen.
Note: Only users with CHAIR role can edit these settings.
1 - 2. To configure your check-in screen settings:
Go to: Admin > Site Settings > Gala Auction > General
1. Check this box if you would like to Assign bid numbers at check-in. See Setting Bidder Number Parameters for help deciding which method is best for your event.
2. Uncheck this box if you do not wish to Allow Agents to link guests during check-in. Keep in mind that unknown guests using unassigned tickets provided by a table buyer are usually linked at check-in. See illustrated example of use below. You can also link or unlink known guests prior to your event.
3. Minimum New Guest Bid Number. This number specifies the starting range of your bidder numbers. The next available bid number after the Minimum will be assigned to the next ticket sold and used (unless edited later) for pre-assigned numbers and Self Check-in. Changing this number to a new, higher range just prior to your event allows you to distinguish between bidders who pre-purchased tickets and those who bought at the door.
To link guests at check-in:
1. When feature is enabled, the Link with Another Guest section displays on the check-in screen.
2. To link two guests:
- Check the first guest in as usual.
- When checking in the second guest, search and select the first guest (only guests who have already checked in appear in this auto-completion field)
- Note: it is not necessary to vault a credit card for the second person checking in because they will share the first guest's vaulted card.
3. Confirmation screen will display both guests name, assigned to the same bidder number.