Invitations to Bid provide a Personal Link which brings a user to the catalog, logged in and ready to bid.
Invitations to Bid can be sent from several places:
Standard subscribers can send emails from the Users or Tickets pages:
- The Users page is ideal for sending invites to as wide a pool of your supporters as possible. This page also has the most advanced filters for selecting specific groups of supporters (such as users who have been invited, but not yet placed a bid or users imported from a specific spreadsheet) so it is well-suited for targeted messaging.
- The Tickets page is the easiest place to send invitations from if you are targeting guests that have tickets to your event for pre-bidding and/or post-event offers of unsold items and/or signup party spaces.
Plus and Premium subscribers have additional invitation tools for mobile bidding:
- The Auction Night Task screen includes a Mobile Invite page which has the advantages of allowing easy updates to users' email addresses and it displays timestamps for all invitations to bid sent from anywhere within the software.
- It also provides Alternative Login Options for supporters that are not able to access an emailed invitation so it is the best place to work from during your event.
- Invitations to Bid can also be sent via Text/SMS - click here for complete details.
- Invitations to Bid can also be sent automatically as ticketed guests check-in at your gala event.
Tip: Three invitation email templates are provided: Invite to Bid, Follow-up Invitation to Bid and Automatic Invitation to Bid. The separate templates allow you to tailor and retain different messaging for initial vs follow-up vs auto-sent invitations.
These instructions cover the first two templates, which you can trigger to send to selected users.
The Automatic Invitation to Bid is sent by the software when 1) the auto-send at check-in setting is enabled and 2) if an existing user attempts to signup to bid with a recognized email address.
Troubleshooting Missing Emailed Invitations:
- Verify the email address on record is correct and accessible from the guest's phone. To resend to a different email address: click on the email address to edit, then resend.
- Verify that email wasn't directed to spam or junk folder.
- Ask guests to refresh their inbox (swipe down on iphones). To minimize battery and data usage, most smartphones are configured to check for new messages every 15 minutes
Alternate Mobile Login Options (Plus and Premium)
If an emailed invitation cannot be found: Click on the Get code button in the right column to send the invitation via text message or to allow the guest to login via QR or Manual code.
Premium subscribers also have the option to Bulk Send SMS/Text Invitations to Bid. Complete details here.