A wizard will walk you through the basic setup of your fundraising campaign. The initial set-up covers the elements and features most commonly used in campaigns.
Once your basic campaign has been created and saved, you'll be able to preview the page and donation process and make any edits desired before making the campaign page public.
The edit screens also provide access to Advanced settings for configuring less commonly utilized elements.
To add a new fundraising campaign:
Go to: Admin > Site Settings > Fundraising Campaigns > Campaigns:
This Admin page displays a tile for each campaign on the event site with the controls needed to create and manage your campaigns.
The original Give/Donate Now page on each event site has been converted to a campaign. If you have already customized it, your previous work has been retained, but you can edit it to change templates and/or take advantage of new tools/features.
Click on the "Create" button to generate a new campaign page.
- The campaign wizard contains 7 steps - be aware that your campaign is not saved until you click the Save and Preview button in step 7.
- The only required elements are #1 and either #4 or #5 - (supporters must be able to donate or buy something in the campaign). You can skip any other steps that you aren't ready to complete (or use your best guess and edit later).
- The only element which is NOT editable is on this first page: Nickname/URL. Once the campaign is saved, the URL is locked. If you need to change the URL, you can clone the campaign and specify the desired nickname for the cloned site.
- Click on any of the help icons embedded in the page for detailed instructions.
- Classic template is identical in appearance to the previous Give/Donate Now page - but it now has built-in tools to make it easier to add/customize images, custom text and the progress tracker.
- Crowdfunding template provides a new layout with additional tools (options for donor comments, updates, promoting donations to date etc)
- You can switch to the other template at anytime. If switching from crowdfunding to classic, the additional elements are retained, but hidden and will be restored if the template changes back to Crowdfunding.
- New: Stock Image Library provided
- In Classic template, videos must be embedded directly in the text source code.
- You can select an existing cash donation option from a dropdown menu and/or
- Create a new cash donation option using a simplified form.
- Once added to the campaign, icons allow you to edit basic elements (name, suggested amounts) or to remove the option altogether on this page.
- Click on Site Settings > Cash Donations to view a table of all options and where they are offered and to update any element (location, images, descriptions etc).
- You can select an existing item from a dropdown menu (listing all sellable and signup items in catalog)
- Create a new sellable or signup item using a simplified form.
- Once added to the campaign, icons allow you to edit basic elements (name, price, fmv, qty) or to remove the option altogether on this page.
- All item variables can be edited at Catalog > Edit Item.
Crowdfund Template offers 3 options for displaying fundraising progress to your supporters:
- Displaying the Progress tracker only will report the number of donations and the donation total on your fundraising campaign.
- Displaying the Progress Tracker AND specifying a Revenue Goal will add a horizontal bar/thermometer showing the donations to date as a percentage/progress toward your stated goal.
- Enabling a "Show Top Donations" button allows viewers to see the top 5 donations/donors to date.
Classic template offers a choice of thermometer displays (vertical or horizontal).
Note: Once your initial campaign has been saved, advanced tools are available on the edit page to customize the colors of your thermometer and/or copy source code for embedding the progress tracker on external websites.
- Pledge mode is available for capturing and vaulting credit card for manual payment processing after the conclusion of your event.
- Notifications can be sent to specified organizer's email(s) each time a donation/purchase/comment in made. Notifications will be sent to multiple emails as long as they are separated by only a comma (no spaces).
- Emails to potential supporters can be customized with the desired "from" name and any replies directed to the desired email address.
- Comments are supportered and can be moderated before and/or after posting.
- Advanced settings provide access for adding/editing contact info for the Organization (Event Site owner) and/or Campaign Organizer (these will display on the edit page, after the campaign is saved.)