These instructions cover the setup tasks specific to creating a page to accept orders (and payments) for fixed price items. You can find illustrated instructions for setting up the elements shared by all fundraising campaigns here.
Set-up specific to Online Sales/Orders:
- Using advanced tools to add images/descriptions for individual items.
- Providing an option to support your goal with a cash donation in addition to, or in lieu of a purchase.
- Providing information on how purchases will be delivered to/picked up by buyers.
Tip: If you'd like to see how a page can be used for sales/orders, you can view (and test) the example below on our Demo site.
Page set-up for online orders/sales:
1. Adding Items to Sell:
- If you create the items in the catalog before creating your fundraising page, they will be available in the Existing Item menu.
- If you create your fundraising page first, use the Create New Item form to create your items.
- Description - if an existing item has a description, you have the option of displaying or hiding it on individual fundraising campaigns.
- Qty option: Selling in Quantity provides a field for buyer to indicate quantity they wish to buy. Leaving the box unchecked restricts purchaser to "one per order" with an "Add to Cart" button.
Adding Cash Donation Option:
As always, when creating a fundraising page, you can choose to add an existing cash donation option or use a basic form to create a new option.
Note: Advanced tools (for customizing the "ask" text) only display on the Edit screen so you must create and save your fundraising page first.
- If you are only offering a single cash donation option, the NAME does not display on the public form.
- To display an custom amount field only (as shown in the image above), clear all suggested amounts to leave field blank and check the box to "allow custom amounts".