There are two ways to monitor bidding progress:
This article covers the tools available on all event sites used for an online auction.
1. The Online/Mobile Summary Reports provide live reporting of the bidding in progress:
- Current tally of high bids (gross revenue if your items closed with no further bidding).
- Number of people who have online accounts and those that have placed at least one bid.
- Number of items with and without bids.
- Most active items and bidders.
2. Acorn, Plus, or Professional Subscribers have a Mobile Dashboard for monitoring and managing online/mobile bidding.
To monitor online/mobile bidding:
Go to Admin > View Reports > View Summary Reports > Online/Mobile Bidding Tab
To view a report of supporting details, click on any line item in summary report:
- Use the Customize Button to add or remove data columns to your screenview to generate the report you want.
- Click on any column header to sort data by that variable.
- Refer to Bid Amount/FMV percentage to gauge capacity for revenue growth. Most silent auctions average a Sales/FMV rate of 50-75%. If yours is significantly lower than that, you may be offering too many items for the number of your supporters and/or may need to find ways to promote more participation.