These instructions are provided as a workaround for events that have a tradition of organizing and numbering items by category AND are accustomed to manually assigning item numbers as items are entered based on a known schedule of categories/number ranges.
If you have already begun to enter items and/or don't know which categories you'll need and/or how large to make each number range, it will probably be easier to enter your items first, then use these instructions to reorganize them.
Note: In order to assign item numbers manually, you'll need to contact our support team first - we must activate a setting to display the item number field on your site's New Item form.
Setup Categories, Tables and Number Ranges
1. Customize the Item Categories list to match the categories you'll be using.
2. Create individual tables by category, with the desired number range. (see below).
Assign Item Numbers during Item Entry
If you haven't already, contact support to enable the "Assign item number field" on your site.
Enter the desired item number as you enter items. Be aware that this is a manual process - the software will block you from assigning a number that has already been used, but is not able to suggest the next available number within your custom range so you may want to develop your own system for tracking which numbers you've already used.
If the item number field is left blank, it will assign the next available number based on the default ranges for the item type (eg silent - 100).
To Edit Item Numbers or Reorder Items on Tables:
Once an item has been entered and the initial item number assigned, there are two options for editing the number.
1. Catalog > Edit Item > Assign new number. When the item is saved, it will be automatically moved to the correct table for the new number.
2. Go to Site Settings > Items > Catalog > Organize Item Tables then click on the Manage icon of the table you want to manage.
- First, use Add and Move tools to move items to the correct table/category. It is easiest to start with one of the higher tables, to free up space on the lower tables. Use the Autosort button to consolidate items if items are blocked because table appears full. (Note: Auto-sorting cannot be undone.)
- Once all items are on the correct tables, drop and drag the items to reorder them on each table.
Article is closed for comments.