The software auto-assigns item numbers by Item Type as each new item is entered and saved. Each new item is assigned the next available number in the range specified for the item type (the default number ranges cannot be changed):
- Live: 1-99
- Silent: 100-400
- Sellable: 800-899
- Signup: 900-974
- Raffle: 975-999
- Cash Donations: 1000
This reflects the most commonly used process for organizing item by number and placement on tables:
1. Enter items into the software as they are received with your best guess as to how they will be sold (via competitive bids, as a fixed price item, as a raffle prize, an in kind donation to be consumed/used at the event rather than sold etc).
2. Each item is issued a tracking number (eg T100) and an Item number (eg 105). Always use the tracking number when organizing the storage of items and any paper trails because, unlike the item number, it never changes.
3. Once the bulk of your items have been entered, and you see what you have to work with, begin to manage your items:
- Combine individual items into lots/packages as desired (each lot will be assigned a single, new number, based on type.)
- Decide which (if any) items or lots will be offered in your Live Auction or as a Raffle Prize - and edit the item type, if needed.
4. Use the Tables feature to organize items on the desired tables/closing times. The Tables feature allows you to specify the number of items you want on each table/closing and the desired number range. As you move items to the desired table, the item number automatically updates to the next available number in the range. Once items are on the desired table, you can drop and drag them into the order you want (item numbers will update to reflect the new order).
Numbering Items by Category instead of Type:
If your event has a tradition of organizing items/tables/closings by category, use these instructions: