Most guests will have no problem using the invitation to bid to access the online catalog and place their own bids.
However, some guests may have trouble accessing the emailed invitation on their phone, and others may not be comfortable navigating unfamiliar technology on a small screen. As a Mobile Bidding "Assistant," you'll be armed with a laptop or tablet to:
- help guests sign-in
- place bids for guests
- view a guest's bid status
This tutorial provides video instructions on the Mobile Invite and Proxy bid screens. You'll also have an opportunity to practice each task on a "playpen" site. The tutorial generally takes about 10-15 minutes to complete and should equip you to handle your auction night tasks with confidence.
Let's get started:
Providing Access to Bid
By the time guests have checked in at your event, they will likely have been emailed at least one "invitation to bid".
The invitation contains a personal link that, when clicked, will automatically bring them to the bidding platform, logged in to their account and ready to participate.
This video will walk you through the process of resending an invite or using one of the tools that doesn't require email to provide access:
Login to this playpen site to complete the exercises listed below:
Go to: Auction Tasks > Online/Mobile Bidding > Mobile Invites
- Select one of the guests listed as your Avatar. Note the name because you'll be using it for many of the practice exercises.
- Enter your own email address into the guest/avatar record and send yourself an invite to bid. Retrieve the email from your inbox and click on the Personal Link to preview the welcome page.
- Return to the Mobile Invite screen - then enter your phone number and text an invite to your phone (note: the text feature may not be enabled or available on your actual event site).
- Using the same Guest record, click on Get Code and follow the instructions to login "manually"
- If you have a QRC app on your phone, scan the QR code to access the bidding platform.
- Carlos Richmond says he did not receive an invitation. . .
- Verify whether one was sent to him or not.
- Was it sent to Carlos879@gmail.com?
- Verify that his cell phone number is listed: 503-551-1234
- What is the code he should enter at Nowgobid.com?
Placing Proxy Bids for Guests
Some guests may need assistance to bid because of drained batteries, poor reception, exceptional wine, or they may simply prefer not to learn the platform.
Watch this video to learn how you can place bids, purchase items and/or check on bidding status for individual guests:
Hands on Practice
Note: The proxy bid screen fields will only search and find:
- Guests that have tickets to the event.
- Items that are flagged to be offered via the online/mobile bidding.
Go to: Auction Tasks > Online/Mobile Bidding > Bid/Purchase for Guest
- Place a bid for your Avatar/guest: $50 on #104 Doggie Daycare. If bidding has already gone past $50, check the bid history and place a bid that is $20 higher than the current high bid.
- Sissy Sassy would like to purchase 2 spots for 80's Prom Night.
- Wally Worlo wants to purchase a bottle of wine from the wine wall (#800)
Go to: Auction Tasks > Online/Mobile Bidding > Check Guest's Bid Status
1. Check your Avatar/guest's bid status.