Since Mobile Bidding typically takes place during a Gala Auction, it is most common to disable Winning Bid notifications and use Self Check-out (and Gala Check-out) to pay for all purchases at the close of the event.
- At the specified closing time(s), bidding is halted.
- Automatic Close-out awards each online item by placing it in the high bidder's Cart/Order (this process can take 5-10 minutes). If you prefer to review the high bids placed prior to awarding items, you can disable automatic close-out. This will allow bidding to close as scheduled, but items will not be awarded until you turn automatic close-out on.
- Winners can view the results by clicking on the "My Bids" icon on the mobile nav bar.
- Once all other purchases (Live auction items, raffle tickets, paddle raise donations etc) have been recorded in the software, you can instruct guests to review their orders and check themselves out on their phones - either by accessing the emailed Invite to Self Check-out, or by clicking the Shopping Cart icon you've added to their mobile nav bar.
- Best practice is to enable the Shopping Cart icon when you're ready for check-out. Enabling it early may result in premature check-out (before all sales have been recorded) and/or a reluctance to raise their paddle during the live auction to avoid "having to check-out again".
- Be aware that Self Check-out and Online Carts (below) can be setup with different payment options, so be sure to specify your desired payment methods in one or both settings pages.
5. Guests that wish to pay by cash/check, have questions about their order, or need assistance can be directed to the regular Check-out station(s).
To Manage Email Notifications:
Go to: Site Settings > Events > Online Auction/Mobile Bidding > Email Notifications
To Manage Text Notifications
Go to: Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Email/Text Messaging > Standard SMS/Text Settings
To Setup Online Cart Payment Options:
Go to: Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Payments/Credit Card > Online Payment Options.