Digital, Virtual, and Fusion subscribers can compose and send custom text/sms messages to gala guests and/or online bidders. Common uses of custom text messages include:
- Texting links for advance check-in.
- Closing Soon reminders for silent auction tables and/or mobile bidding.
- Providing link for self check-out.
- Texting links for important pre-event details (directions, parking, childcare etc) and post-event details (how to pick up items).
Because unwanted text messages are more intrusive than unwanted emails, SMS service providers have stringent policies in place to prevent abuse of bulk send privileges.
To comply with our service provider's "best practices" for sending bulk SMS/text messages (and because some recipients may incur charges from their mobile carrier):
- Users must Opt In before receiving SMS/Text messages sent via automation or as a bulk send.
- Your Digital, Virtual, or Fusion subscription includes seven (7) custom templates for SMS/Text messaging.
- Custom templates are limited to one send per phone number.
To access SMS/Text templates from Site Settings:
Go to Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Email/Text Messaging > Custom SMS/Text Templates: