What You Need to Know:
A variety of tools are provided to organize items in the web catalog to make it easier for your supporters to find items they are interested in bidding on - particularly on smaller phone screens:
- Favorites list (user must be logged in)
- A variety of built-in filters (including Items w/o bids, Trending and Best Deals) and a search function
- Customizable categories for easy filtering
- A variety of sort order options, plus the ability to highlight specific items
- Option to begin browsing the catalog at the Category level (list or tile view)
- For very large catalogs, a third layer of navigation can be offered: Master Categories (list or tile view)
- Breadcrumbs (ie Master Category > Category > Item) are displayed to allow users to easily verify filters and move between navigation levels.
Note: Browse by Category and Category Images are not available with TipTop and some Legacy subscriptions. Master Categories are included in Acorn, Plus, or Professional subscription.
Tip: The navigation tools only affect the web catalog - if your event has paper/paddle bidding only, the only reason to customize the navigation settings is if you heavily promote the web catalog for previewing items ahead of your gala.
Article is closed for comments.