What You Need to Know:
A variety of tools are provided to organize items in the web catalog to make it easier for your supporters to find items they are interested in bidding on - particularly on smaller phone screens.
Note: The navigation tools only affect the web catalog - if your event has paper/paddle bidding only, the only reason to customize the navigation settings is if you heavily promote the web catalog for previewing items ahead of your gala.
All event sites have built-in search and filter tools that are sufficient for many auctions:
- Gala auctions with paper/paddle bidding only (preview only)
- Online Auctions with an average number of items (under 200) where bidders are typically browsing the catalog from home, often on a laptop
- Gala auctions with online pre-bidding, where most bidders will have an opportunity to view all items again at the gala
Plus subscriptions provide an option to add a Category List for initial browsing and options to view more items per page/screen. These tools are most useful for:
- Larger Online Auctions (300+ items)
- Mobile Bidding, where bidders are all placing bids on small phone screens, the bidding period is limited and there are many distractions.
Premium subscriptions provide an additional level of Navigation (Master Categories) and the ability to display Item Categories as Image Tiles. Events that benefit from these tools include:
- Online Auctions with many items (500+)
- Mobile Bidding, particularly those with many items (300+) and/or when items are not on display at the gala and/or when the bidding period is very limited (under 90 minutes)
- For organizations with subsets of bidders supporting discrete programs (eg Booster clubs with specific items funding specific sports or teams)