These instructions are for events using a Real Time webcast: essentially Live Auction bidding, just online. The auctioneer monitors bids as they come in and sells the item and the organization's mission until that item closes. In this model, a bid tracking assistant manually closes the item at a signal from the auctioneer.
If you are planning a TV-style webcast, where presenters promote items that are available for bidding until the pre-determined closing time, use these instructions instead.
Setting Up Online Bidding Groups - Real Time Webcasts
Go to Admin > Site Settings > Online Auction / Mobile Bidding > Bidding Settings
- Create one Online Bidding Group, named Virtual Live Items
- Opening time is the start time of your broadcast, or slightly earlier.
- Closing time should be at least two hours AFTER you expect your event to conclude (your bid tracking assistant will manually close each item at the auctioneer's signal.)
Multiple Items at once
Go to Admin > View Reports > Online/Mobile Bidding Tab > Click on High Online Bids
- Click on the Customize button to add Online Handle column (and edit other column selections) if desired.
- Use the Online Bidding Group to select the bidding group to monitor.
- Enable auto-refresh (slider) to refresh the page every 5 seconds.
- Click on the Item Number (or any other) Column Header to sort the report by that column.
Go to Catalog (Admin gridview) > Click on Item Name to view Item Show page
Click on Bid History to view (bidding history refreshes about every 5 seconds when bidding is active, you can also refresh the page manually as needed.)
Paddle Raise Donations
Cash Donations can also be monitored from the Item Show page (same as individual items above) - the Contributors list displays in the lower right corner (in the order received). The contributors section refreshes every 15 seconds; you can also refresh the page manually as needed.
Closing Bidding and Awarding Items - Real Time Webcast
When the auctioneer announces the close and winner, click on the Award button next to the High Bidders name to automatically close the bidding and place the item in the bidder's cart.
If latency issues allowed a "late" bid to arrive after the auctioneer signaled the close - you have the option of using the Cancel bid button to remove that bid to award to the announced winner.