What you need to know
This feature provides the tools needed to gracefully run a Live Auction (with paddle raise) with a virtual audience of bidders. Our software uses a WebRTC livestream (similar to web meeting platforms) to provide feeds to viewers in almost real time.
Your supporters will be able to watch your livestream and place bids from the same screen, plus communicate with your auctioneer/team and other bidders via a chat window.
Your auctioneer and team can also work from a single screen. The control panel allows your team to:
- view the video feed as your supporters are seeing it
- view the item details, including internal notes for the auctioneer
- monitor bids/donations placed in real time
- monitor and participate in the chat conversation
- award items to the high bidder with a single click
- organize (and adjust) your lineup of items
- view real time progress toward your fundraising goal
Plus, our Virtual Event feature has been designed to allow you to easily pivot to or from an in-person Gala event - as conditions allow/require. Given the uncertainty of next year's auction season, it's hard to know what kind of an event to plan - fortunately, our software is versatile - so most changes of plans can be accommodated with a few settings changes.
This feature is currently in beta testing with an expected release date to all Plus/Premium customers on July 31. If you are interested in using it for an earlier event, and are willing to be a beta tester, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org