If you are using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) to produce the video feed for our software's built-in stream - you must configure OBS to achieve an ultra low latency livestream.
The default settings on OBS do not produce ultra low latency feeds. Use these instructions to verify, or edit, your OBS settings:
To connect OBS to your event site:
- Go to Settings > Stream
- Choose Custom Streaming Server in the Stream Type dropdown menu
- Copy and Paste the URL and Stream key provided on your Schoolauction.net event site
To obtain URL and stream key from SchoolAuction.net Event Site:
- Go to Auction Night > Virtual Event Control Panel
- Click on Setup Video button at bottom of page
- Choose Built in Streaming via external software or service
- Copy and Paste URL, then Stream key
To Configure for Ultra Low Latency Streaming
- Go to Settings > Output
- Choose "Advanced" Output Mode
- Choose CBR (Constant Bitrate) from Rate Control dropdown
- Specify Bitrate of 1000 - 1500 (1 - 1.5 megabits/second)
- Choose zerolatency from Tune dropdown.
- Click OK to save.