aka Special Appeal, Fund A Need, Cash Call. . .you can ask for and accept cash donations during your Virtual Live Auction.
- Accepting one-time and/or recurring (monthly) donations
- Suggesting donation levels and/or allowing supporters to specify the amount
- Controlling the donations by level eg. "And who can give at the $500 level?" or allowing supporters to donate at any level during your "ask".
- Offering multiple Special Appeals to fundraise for separate projects/needs.
Tip: We recommend setting up a separate cash donation option for your Virtual Live Auction.
The software allows you to offer the same cash donation option everywhere - but includes messaging if the user has previously donated. For example, a supporter sees the "Special Appeal" tile in the online catalog and donates $25. If the same cash donation is used for the Virtual event - instead of a Donate $XXX button, that supporter will see a message "You've already donated - would you like to donate again?" Give everyone a clean slate for your big ask by creating a new option for your Virtual event.
Adding Cash Donation Options
Go to: Admin > Site Settings > Cash Donations/Sponsorships > Cash Donation Options > Add New
Note that a "Cash Contribution" is available on your site by default (and is used to accept "add-on donations" during registration and the Give (Donate Now) page "out of the box". While you can edit it for re-use, we recommend creating a new, dedicated cash donation for your paddle raise.
Help icons are provided with instructions for each setting, but the critical settings for offering a Virtual Paddle Raise are:
- Offer Cash Donation "in Catalog"
- Add one or more images.
- Check the Display in Public Catalog box
- Pledges via "Virtual Event". If you want to accept donations during an online auction as well, you can choose "Online then Virtual" or set up a separate option for online donations. If "Virtual" does not display as an option, you must enable the admin tools at Site Settings > Virtual Event.
- Specify the donation options you want to offer.
- If you only want to display an "enter donation amount" option, check the Allow custom amount box and leave the suggested amount fields blank.
- The buttons for each suggested donation level appear in the order entered (remember that only 6 will display). If you plan to lead the paddle raise level by level, it's a little easier for your auctioneer/asst to list them in the order you will be offering them (eg high to low)