Invitations to Bid provide a Personal Link which automatically logs the user in and brings them to a welcome page, where they can choose their online bidding name and vault their credit card (if requested or required) before continuing to the catalog to browse and bid.
Plus and Premium subscribers can send email or SMS/text invitations to Bid, Vote, or a Virtual Event from the Auction Night Tasks screen (shown below).
Invitations can also be emailed from the Users or Tickets pages.
Tip: Three invitation email templates are provided: Invite to Bid, Follow-up Invitation to Bid and Automatic Invitation to Bid. The separate templates allow you to tailor and retain different messaging for initial vs follow-up vs auto-sent invitations.
These instructions cover the first two templates, which you can trigger to email to selected users.
The Automatic Invitation to Bid is sent by the software when 1) the auto-send when ticket is issued is enabled, 2) the auto-send at check-in setting is enabled and 2) if an existing user attempts to signup to bid with a recognized email address.
To Send in Bulk:
- Use filters provided to select desired guests
- Choose the desired invitation template from the Email or SMS/Text Invite dropdown menu. Note: bulk text messages can only be sent to users that have "opted in" to receive text messages.
- Confirm and Click OK to send
To Send/Resend Individual Invitations or Provide Alternate Access
- Search for desired user
- Click on Login Access > Options button
To Send Individual Invitation:
- Select Text or Email tab
- Verify or provide phone number or email address
- Click on Send button and select desired Invitation
- If Text message is not received - follow the instructions shown on the Text screen:
If text messages are not being received, have this guest text BIDNOW to 71536. If they receive an automated reply, future messages will be delivered. If they do not, messages are being blocked by their carrier.
Alternate Access Options
You can also provide users with access to their bidding account via the QR code options - or a manual short code: