The software has two tools to help drive supporters to your online event and to allow the general public to place online bids/donations, vote, and/or join a virtual livestreamed event:
Invitations can be emailed to any User Record with an email address and/or texted to any user record that has provided a mobile phone number.
- Returning customers can migrate their User records from previous event site(s), and all customers can upload a spreadsheet of potential supporters.
- Once User records are in the software, you can send Invitations to any or all Users. (Note: Bulk SMS/Text messages can only be sent to users that have "opted in" to receive bulk mailings).
- Each invitation contains a token. When the user clicks on the link/token, they are automatically logged in to their account, and brought to a Welcome page to choose an online bidding name, vault a credit card (if requested or required), and opt in to receive SMS/text messages before being directed to the appropriate page (based on the specific invitation sent).
- The message text for emailed invitations is editable. SMS/Text invitations are limited in length and are not editable.
- Invitations can be sent multiple times, if desired.
Signup buttons provide access to participants that can't be sent invitations because they don't have user records on your event site. Signup buttons are displayed in the catalog and homepage (optional). In addition, a signup link displays on the navigation bar at the top of every screen. Note: Signup buttons and link only display for users that are not already logged in and ready to bid.
- Anyone that finds your site on their own (or, more likely, through links you have provided) can peruse the catalog and use the Signup to Bid button when they are ready to create an account to place bids.
- Be aware that if your supporters already have user records (migrated, imported, donors, ticketed guests etc) you'll want to send them invitations to bid rather than direct them to use the sign up buttons. Because they already have a user record, the software will recognize their email address and redirect them to login or retrieve the invitation (sent automatically) from their inbox to gain access.
- Button text can be edited as desired.
- If you don't want the general public to participate, you can restrict bidding to users with invitations or ticketed guests only with a single setting change. Choosing either of the Restrict Bidding options automatically removes the Signup to Bid buttons.
To Setup Signup Links and Form:
Go To: Site Settings > Registration > Signup > Signup Settings:
To Setup Invitations and Welcome Page:
Go to: Site Settings > Click on the desired event type:
- Online Auction/Mobile Bidding > Invitations
- Voting Contests > Voting Settings > Invitations
- Virtual Event > Attendance & Access