Custom Fields can be added to the donation/order form to collect additional information from your supporters, such as the name of the person they are supporting.
Currently, it's a two-step process:
- Custom fields are created at Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Custom Fields so they can be incorporated into the specified forms across the event site. For instance, a college may want to ask everyone - donors, guests, and buyers if they are an alumnus, and if so, the years attended. When creating custom fields for campaigns, you must flag the field to be available for Buyers, on Fundraising campaigns.
- Because you may not want each custom field displayed on every fundraising campaign, the second step is to Edit individual fundraising campaign(s) to select the desired custom field(s) from a dropdown of existing field options.
1a. Create a Custom Field "Group"
- Go to: Site Settings > Customize Your Site > Custom Fields, then click on the Add New Field Group button
- Choose a Name for the Group that will be easy to interpret when selected from a dropdown menu.
- Check the "Hide Name" box if you do not want the Field Group name to display to the public.
- Check the boxes to (at a minimum) Apply to "Buyers" and Display/Collect on "Fundraising Campaigns" and Save.
1b. Add Custom Field(s) to the Field Group.
Once the Field Group has been saved, click the Add Field button to add individual field(s) to collect the data.
You can find detailed instructions for creating more types of Custom fields here.
2. Add Custom Field Group to Desired Campaign:
Once Custom fields have been created on the event site, you can add them to the desired Fundraising Campaign(s):
- Go to: Edit Campaign > Admin > Advanced Settings after your campaign has been initially saved and created.
- Click on the Choose Existing Custom Field button.
- Select the desired Field Group (all Custom Fields Groups that are flagged to Display for Buyers > Fundraising Campaigns will appear in the dropdown menu.)
- Click Add to Form button.
To view the data collected in custom fields, click on the Customize button in the upper right of Orders Page or Sales Report, select and save the custom fields to add them to your screenview.