Professional subscribers have the ability to place bids for virtual or in-person bidders from the Virtual Control Panel.
- Proxy BIDS can be placed for specific bidders (which requires selecting the desired bidder record by name, number or online handle) OR as "Gala Bidder" for fastest entry of "in-person" bids, with the winner being assigned when the item is awarded.
- Proxy Donations and Fixed-Price Sales are always recorded for a specific bidder.
- All Proxy bids/donations/purchases trigger the same notifications and animations as those placed directly by virtual bidders.
- To speed data entry, the proxy bid process does not include a confirmation step, but bids/donations can be easily deleted from the bid history (which also unwinds the automated acknowledgement in Chat).
Proxy Bids for Specified Bidders
This is the recommended option for entering occasional proxy bids for virtual events where a bidder needs assistance or a bidder in unable to participate live and has requested bids be placed on their behalf.
Proxy Bids with Winner Assigned When Awarded
Enabling the "Assign Winner when awarding item" setting is recommended when recording bids placed by in-person attendees using bid paddles - where speed is essential to keep the current high bid synched between in-person and virtual bids.
- Only the bid amount is required
- The bid is attributed to "Gala Bidder"
- If Gala Bidder is the high bidder when the Award button is triggered, a field is provided to select the winning bidder to award.
Entering Proxy Cash Donations
When the auctioneer is calling for donations at a given level, the proxy bid screen is designed to record donations at that level as quickly as possible - via a single button (shown below).
If the Auctioneer is asking for donations at any level, the proxy bid screen will replace the single button with a field to specify the desired amount.
If you intend to record all in-person donations via bid paddles via the proxy bid screen, more detailed instructions are provided in Events with In-Person AND Virtual Attendance.