What You Need to Know:
Your supporters must be "signed in" to an account in order to bid, buy, donate or chat in a virtual event - otherwise, the software would not be able to attribute bids, donations or carts to the correct individuals.
While it is possible for the public to watch the livestream and view the bidding/chat room without an account, we recommend this option only for last minute attendees as there are ways to provide easier access for your known supporters.
In order to "Sign in", each viewer needs to have a User Record on the event site.
- The easiest way to add User Records to your site is to upload names and emails from a spreadsheet - then you can simply email or text and invitation to all of your known supporters to join the event. Each invitation provides a personal link - a single click will bring your supporters to the Welcome page, all signed in and ready to go. They can choose their online handle (public bidding name), vault a credit card (if requested or required) before joining the Virtual Event. If you've used our software before - there is an even easier option for creating user records - you can migrate (copy) your supporters info from a previous event site.
- The next easiest is to have people use the Signup form to register for your event. The signup form allows people to create their own account and navigate directly to the Virtual event - and/or Online Auction - if they are already underway. If they are signing up in advance - you can send them invitations to join when you're ready to launch.
- You also have the option of selling tickets. This option takes the most time to set up and requires the most effort for your supporters to register so we only recommend it if:
- you are charging admission to attend and/or
- for in person attendees bidding with bid paddles (required) and/or
- you are using the event site for both an online auction and a Virtual and want to restrict participation in the Virtual event to ticketed guests only.
How to Get It Done:
- Migrating Existing Users (returning customers only)
- Importing Potential Guests (Users) from a spreadsheet
- Setting up the Signup Page
- Signing up to Participate
- Overview: Selling Tickets
- Sending Invitations to Virtual Event
- Restricting Virtual Event to Ticketed Guests
- Allowing Public (Unknown Users) to View Livestream