The most important thing to understand when considering an event which includes both an online auction and virtual live auction is that online and virtual bidding takes place on separate pages - and by design, bidders cannot easily switch back and forth between the Catalog (Online Bidding) and Virtual Event screen (Live Auction Bidding) so it's best practice to run the Silent and Live Auctions sequentially (one ends before the other begins).
Since the Online and Virtual Features are separate features/platforms - they have separate settings and options which will both need to be configured. It's helpful to think about the task ahead as setting up two different events on a single event site:
- Registration/access can be setup to provide your supporters access to one or both "events"
- The catalog will contain all items for both "events" with the majority (silent vs live) offered in one event. Cash Donations and fixed price items can be flagged to offer in either or both "events"
- You can ask supporters to "check-out and pay" at the conclusion of each event - or after the second event.
- Reporting is available by venue/event, guest, item and combined.
To Add an Online Auction to your Virtual Event:
1. Whichever registration/access option(s) you've chosen for your Virtual event will also provide access and allow you to send invitations to bid in an online auction. If you are charging admission to your virtual event - you can limit participation to ticketed guests but allow everyone else to participate in the online auction by providing access via the signup form or invitations to bid.
4. Add Online Auction items to the catalog.