What You Need to Know
Payments: You can choose different payment options for different transactions. The payment options you've specified will display in a dropdown menu on each payment screen.
Receipts: Separate templates are available and customizable for Donor vs Sales/Guest Receipts. Donor receipts are provided to users who donate items or services. Sales/Guest receipts are provided to users who purchase tickets, items, sponsorships and/or donate cash.
Credit Card Processing
Setting up credit card processing through the software is generally a one-time process. Once you have setup and connected your internet payment gateway account to your first event site, you will be able to migrate (copy) the settings to future event sites.
- The majority of our customers opt to use WePay, our preferred gateway, because it is the easiest and fastest to setup. You can be processing transactions within 5 minutes, and it has no setup, annual, monthly, or statement fees. The rate for this service is 2.9%, plus $0.30/transaction. Note: Acorn and Essentials subscriptions are required to use WePay.
- Acorn, Plus and Professional subscribers also have the option of processing credit cards using one of the other nine internet payment gateways the software supports.
- Annual subscriptions can use Square (or another smartphone-based solution) alongside our software, but you will only be able to process payments in person, at check-out.
Decisions You Need to Make
How to Get it Done
- Payment Options
- Setting up eCheck Payments for Online Transactions
- Creating a Custom Payment Type
- Enabling and Recording External Credit Card Payments
- Setting Payment Methods Accepted at Gala Event
- Setting Online Payment Options
- Setting Payment Methods for Online Ticket Sales
- Setting Payment Methods for Fundraising Campaigns
- Setting Payment Methods for Self Check-out
Credit Card Processing:
- New Customers: Decide how you want to process credit cards and set up an account with the processor
- Returning Customers: Migrate previous credit card settings to a new event site
- Connect your credit card processing account to the software
- Test WePay credit card processing with a live transaction
- Test non-WePay credit card processing with a live transaction
- Adding a Surcharge to Offset Credit Card Processing Charges