You can add a Live Auction and/or Paddle Raise (special appeal / fund-a-need) to your golf event.
Tips and Best Practices
Set up your Live Auction items in the Catalog and your Paddle Raise as a Cash Donation Option.
- Items should have type = Live, with Bidding Via = Bid Paddles.
- Paddle Raises should be setup as Donations Via Auction > Bid Paddles.
In order to bid and make paddle raise donations, your guests need bidder numbers. Bidder numbers are created by issuing/selling tickets (which can cost $0).
- Make sure your golf foursomes are not automatically linked. (Linked guests share a bidder number, which would not be appropriate for the majority of golf foursomes.)
- Set up a Banquet Only ticket type, so that non-golfers can attend and bid.
- You can manually link couples prior to or during check-in.
For very small live auctions without paddle raises, you can ignore the ticket/bidder number requirement, and enter sales directly on the orders page. Be aware that this is a time-consuming method of entering live auction purchases. We strongly advise against using this method for any paddle raises and/or for live auctions with more than 10 items.
At the close of your auction, invite your guests to self checkout.